Universal PAG 46/68/100
TecLub’s PAG grades are fully formulated ISO grade polyalkylene glycol lubricants designed specifically for application with R-134a in mobile air-conditioning systems. TecLub’s dicapped PAG lubricants, based on a new ”capping” technology, provide efficient lubrication for compression type refrigeration units, with excellent refrigerant solubility over the full temperature range and a substantially reduced tendency to absorb water. Superior lubricating properties as a result of the new capping technology improves suitability for use in all applications.
TecLub’s dicapped Universal PAG grades are recommended as a standard for automotive air conditioning applications as they are formulated for extremely high levels of performance where the compressor requires a lubricant with viscosity 46, 68 or 100 cSt @ 40˚C.
- R-744 (CO2)
- Universal formulation, can be used in almost any automotive air conditioning system.
- Highly superior lubricating qualities compared to alternative capping technologies, alternative synthetic technologies and mineral oils.
- Exceptional Viscosity Index (VI) – the high VI of TecLub’s PAG grades enhances compressor life by ensuring efficient running at temperature extremes. The high VI may also allow the user to select a lower viscosity fluid than typically used, with associated power usage savings.
- Good high temperature stability, even in the presence of water, resulting in reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs.
- Extremely low hygroscopicity compared to alternatively capped PAG products ensuring problems such as freezing of water resulting in blocked capillaries is reduced and compressor efficiency is maximised.
- Formulated expertise – the TecLub PAG grades contain efficient additive technology to protect the compressor from any problems related to corrosion of white or yellow metals, to minimise the effects of wear and extreme pressure conditions and to ensure long fluid life.
- Chemically inactive; very tolerant of high temperatures, will not react to form harmful acids.
|Viscosity @ 40°C (cSt)||46||68||98|
|Viscosity @ 100°C (cSt)||7,9||11,06||15,8|
|Pour Point (°C) (cSt)||-42||-40||-38|
|Flash Point (°C) (cSt)||200||206||210|
|Water content (ppm)||<250||<250||<250|
TecLub’s PAG grades are suitable for applications where older vehicles using the R-12 / mineral oil combination are being retrofitted from CFC R-12 to HFC R-134a. TecLub’s PAG grades demonstrate excellent solubility with R-12, are stable in the presence of residual levels of R-12 and are also miscible and stable with residual levels of mineral oil.
Polyalkylene glycols are hygroscopic relative to other synthetic lubricants and mineral oils. Excessive water absorption of a polyalkylene glycol may be prevented by minimising the product’s exposure to air. Handling of small volumes requires simply ensuring that the container is closed when not in use and that time spent transferring product to the compressor system is minimised. Unopened containers are to be stored clean, dry and at normal temperatures.