Diesel Air Revive Kit PRO
The TecLub Diesel Air Revive Kit is a unique and very effective high-grade product for cleaning typical contamination and deposits found in the air intake, combustion chamber, intake valves, injector tips and turbo variable vanes. Diesel Air Revive restores the original air flow to the engine making it breathe fresh air once again. Step 1 effectively cleans hydrocarbon compounds like carbon deposits and soot. Step 2 serves as a flushing fluid after Step 1 and effectively cleans greasy deposits and other dirt / contaminants.
- An innovative two-step approach cleaning solution for maximum combined effectiveness.
- Effectively cleans the air intake, throttle valve, combustion chamber, injector tips and turbo.
- A unique very effective heat resistant detergent package cleans the turbo’s variable vanes.
- Improves engine performance, fuel economy, engine idling and starting.
- The controlled dosing system prevents pinging and knocking in highly sensitive modern diesel engines.
- Increases lifetime of sensitive engine components like catalysts and diesel particulate filters.
- Reduces harmful emissions of hazardous exhaust gases.
For all diesel engines with or without turbochargers. Will not harm catalytic converters or diesel particulate filters. Recommended use is each 20.000 km or once per year.
The TecLub Diesel Air Revive fluids Step 1 and Step 2 are to be used with the special TecLub Diesel Air Revive hardware set and Air Revive Disc. See figure 1. For professional use only.
- For professional use only. Instructions / manual should be strictly followed.
- Make sure the engine is at normal operating temperature (> 80°C) before start of the treatment. When at operating temperature stop the engine.
- Check whether oil and coolant levels are sufficient and check any error codes with a diagnostic tool to make sure there are no anomalies that might affect the cleaning process or prevent proper cleaning.
- Locate the intake manifold and remove the hose to the inlet.
- Clean the air intake with a cloth as much as possible within reach. Be careful with hot parts.
- Check if the EGR (Valve) is heavily contaminated. If so, it is recommended to clean the EGR with TecLub EGR Cleaner before carrying out the below treatment.
- Disconnect the supply to the EGR valve and /or EGR flowmeter.
- Make sure the air revive disc will be placed behind turbo, intercooler, air filter and air mass meter so the air revive fluids will not pass through them.
- Select the best fitting air revive disc size.
- Total procedure will take about 1,5 hrs.
Two Step Treatment
Step 1 and 2 should be done at idle rpm. Do not accelerate during the treatment!
DIESEL AIR REVIVE STEP 1 (350 ML): APPROX. 25 MINUTES
- Shake the bottle vigorously and unscrew the cap.
- Mark a distance of 12 cm on the air revive disc hose with a marker.
- Fill the content of the bottle into the pressure tank and close it tightly. Make sure all valves are in “closed”-position.
- Connect the pressure tank to the air pressure system and set the pressure to 2 bar. Keep the “outgoing” valve in closed position.
- Start the engine and let it idle.
- Place the air revive disc on the air intake. Natural engine suction should keep it at its place. In case the air revive disc does not remain at its designated position due to low suction, check whether the ring correctly closes off the air intake mouth. Adjust position accordingly.
- Slowly open the outgoing valve. Fluid will start to flow from the pressure can into the air intake via the air revive disc and hose. The fluid should travel at a speed of max. 12 cm per 10 seconds. Adjust speed with the fine pressure screw. The engine should run normal and without hesitation. Make sure the engine will not start to knock. In case of knocking or uncontrolled running stop the engine immediately (if necessary by closing off the air intake)!
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERDOSE AND DO NOT APPLY FLUIDS FASTER THAN RECOMMENDED! Fluids are non-compressible and when entering the cylinder in a fluid form this might lead to a “hydrolock” possibly resulting in severe engine damage. Therefore, after a few minutes of operation check the air intake to make sure there are no “pockets” filled with fluid. The air intake should be wet, but without pools of fluid. Check for fluid accumulation or pools several times during the treatment. In case pockets filled with fluid form, make sure to dry these pockets first and reduce the speed at which the fluid enters the air intake with the fine pressure screw.
- Let the engine idle until the pressure tank is empty. This should take about 25 minutes. Once empty, close the pressure valves on the pressure tank and let the engine run idle for another 5-10 minutes.
- Stop the engine and let the product soak in for 5-10 mins, then proceed with STEP 2.
DIESEL AIR REVIVE STEP 2 (500 ML): APPROX. 35 MINUTES
- Follow step 1-8 from the Air Revive STEP 1 treatment (see above) with the STEP 2 fluid.
- Let the engine idle until the pressure tank is empty. This should take about 35 minutes. Once empty, close the pressure valves on the pressure tank and let the engine run idle for another 10 minutes.
- Stop the engine and place the inlet hose back into the normal position. Reconnect the EGR supply. Remove any failure codes through the onboard diagnostic system.
- Make a test drive of approximately 10 km of which the first part with low to medium rpm and the second part with higher rpm (approx. 3500 – 4000 rpm) to make sure all dirt and fluid rests are removed and the engine is completely dry again.
- After treatment the oil and oil filter should be replaced. See also the remark(s) below.
Before replacing the engine oil it is recommend to flush the oil system using TecLub Engine Oil Flush. In addition it is recommended to add TecLub Diesel Injector Cleaner into your diesel fuel to clean injectors and prevent new build-up of carbon deposits. This product should be used every 2000 km to keep your engine clean and perform optimally. Alternatively one can use TecLub Diesel Detox Pro to clean the entire fuel system including injectors and in addition facilitate easy DPF regeneration.